[LinuxBIOS] Merge complete....

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Jun 22 21:26:23 CEST 2005

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> filo is removed too.

Yes.  I think if we are going to keep it we need a filo branch
that can periodically sync.  I'm really not comfortable with
filo in there.

> more generic support for pci-x, pci-e,  ht,  Eric, is it support HT-HT
> bridge now?

A HT-HT bridge should probably work.  And if not the infrastructure is
complete enough that it should be minor bug fixes to make it work.

Yes there is auto-tuning for the all busses I know how to tune so
we can get that code out of drivers and into the BIOS which should be
current on the errata that affect a given board.

> also
>
> diff -r freebios_lnxi/src/arch/i386/init/ldscript.lb
> ../freebios2/src/arch/i386/init/ldscript.lb
> 44,49d43
> <
> <       /* Move up the location counter if the start of the rom section is
> <        * too low.
> <        */
> <       . = ( ( ( _ROMBASE + ROM_IMAGE_SIZE  - 1 ) == 0xffffffff ) && ( . <
> 0xffff0000 ) ) ? 0xffff0000 : . ;
> <
> there is some problem too.
> for some 8 way opteron system with romcc
> i need
> linuxbios_ram
> auto.inc  ---- it is very big
> entry32.inc  --- _start is here
> failover.inc
> jmp auto.inc
> out:
> _main in crt0.S
>
> then you will push auto.inc into the top 64k too, but the 64k can not fit.
>
> So please merge that into main tree...

I believe you are asking for a change.   But I don't quite follow.

Eric