Fw: Re: Documentation [was: new FSF campaign ..]

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 2 09:28:00 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 08:41, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Justin C. Darby <jdarby at powercom.net> [050302 16:34]:
> > If someone can point me in the right direction (in the source, I'd
> > guess) to find all of the configuration options without descriptions I
> > can setup a page dedicated to explaining them one at a time.
>
> freebios2/src/config/Options.lb

I think another problem of the config tool is the syntax and
semantics of the configure language. Most people have problem
understand the keywords used in the language (device, chip,
pci_domain). And the language is not context free neither
(links <-> number of instances of a device listed). We really
need a good documentation on the config tool.

BTW, the config.g is really diffcult to understand too.

Ollie