[LinuxBIOS] CVS or TLA

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Mar 17 23:08:12 CET 2005

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
> > It is enough to use ssh. THOUGH: It is highly recommended that you sign
> > the commits so that the origin can be verified. (ie otherwise I could in
> > theory fake a commit done by you)
>
> to make sure I understand: if I have a gpgkey, then the commit process
> will automagically ensure that it is signed, which is not the case for
> sshkey?

These issues are orthogonal.

The ssh key provides write access to the repository through sftp.
By chance this is the easiest way to implement a shared archive.

The gpg key (which is mandatory on a signed arch archive like
linuxbios at linuxbios.org--devel) allows people to check to see if it
was really you who committed the change.

So you just need the ssh key to talk to Stefan box at openbios.org

Eric