[LinuxBIOS] Help regarding compiling and building bios

Ramesh Chhaba ourlinuxid at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 23 06:25:55 CET 2005

Hi
Thanks for ur support .
Somehow I am able to get full source code
yes u r right , Atlas is not supported ,
But i think I can manage to convert Elite/Consumer  to Atlas which is supported.

>I've attached a FAQ I did a long time ago. It has some stuff on
>etherboot wich may be useful. Its almost 2 years old though so use it

U might have forgot to attach that file   :(( ,
I have made a BOOTROM for NIC card can it be attached as payload by converting it in to ELF image
 or I have to make any other special motherboard specific image.
???

>There are probally lots of other options you may need to include. You
>will have to look at the source code to figure out what they need to
>be.

Is there any guideline  from where to find thwe other suitable option.

Plz provide me help regarding these topics
Ramesh Chander

Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a newbie in the fiels of LinuxBios, I want to make linuxbios for the
> STPC Atlas , I know it is not supported in the freebios2
> but it is supprted in the freebios (1).

I don't think the Atlas is supported. Whats in V1 is the consumer2
product. Offhand I don't remember the difference between the 2.

> Bit I have found making of first version is diffrent from that of
> freebios2 .
> I want to use Etherboot as payload for this bios.
> Somebody plz do this favour for me that tell me exact steps
> 1. Downloading freebios version 1 (Usually when i download it misses some
> files)

Which files?

> 2. Compiling etherboot as payload.

I've attached a FAQ I did a long time ago. It has some stuff on
etherboot wich may be useful. Its almost 2 years old though so use it
more as a guideline rather than an absolute reference.

> 3. Compiling and building freeebios

1) Create a build directory somewhere outside the linubios tree. Lets
use lb_atlas for example.

In lb_atlas create a config file: atlas.config. In this file you need
at minimum

target src
mainboard stpc/consumer2

payload

There are probally lots of other options you may need to include. You
will have to look at the source code to figure out what they need to
be.

Then run the following:

python /path/to/freebios/util/config/NLBConfig.py
/path/to/lb_atlas/atlas.config /path/to/freebios

This will create a lb_atlas/src directory with all the source for a
consumer setup.

Then you cd to src and type make.

> I want final output as a rom image that i can burn into BIOS chip.

The final output will be called romimage

--
Richard A. Smith