[LinuxBIOS] RTC on geode gx1

ramesh bios ramesh_bios at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 05:28:00 CEST 2005

I'm using the freebios v1 tree on a geode
gx1/cs5530a/w83977 with 2.6.11. I noticed that there
appears to be problem with writing to the RTC using
hwclock. I seem to be able to use hwclock to set the
time but not the date. That is:

# date
Wed Mar 30 09:16:11 IST 2005
# hwclock
Mon Jan 10 08:56:16 2005  0.000000 seconds
# hwclock -w
# hwclock
Tue Jan 11 09:16:21 2005  0.000000 seconds

I noticed that the date went to Jan 11 while the time
was updated correctly. When I switch back to the
vendor BIOS, this issue goes away. I'm not yet sure
what to suspect. I'll go look at the kernel's rtc code
for writing to the CMOS since it would appear that it
can set the time but not the date for some reason. If
anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.