[LinuxBIOS] ADLO with EPIA-M LX2

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 07:19:07 CET 2005

I'm sticking this back on the list so others can suggest things as well.

On 11/9/05, Anton Borisov <a.borisov at tesv.tmb.ru> wrote:

> > >         You're quite right - ADLO payload causing this problem. FILO just works perfectly. I'm ready to blame the size of my ADLO payload ;-) - more then 120 kb. But I wasn't able to start ADLO without VIDEO as well.
> > >

> > So ADLO with no video bios won't load either?  Do you still get an elf
> > load error?
>
>         I probed 2 versions of ADLO: with integrated VIDEO ROM and without it. Sizes accordingly are 58Kb and 124Kb. Tracing with minicom revealed the same effect -
> ==
>  Found ELF candiate at offset 0
>  Cannot Load ELF Image
> ==
>         Maybe I've run into improper understanding of XIP_ROM_SIZE and ROM_SIZE params inside Config.lb, but I doubt this ;-)

I don't think your problem is related to size.  The elf image is found
but failed to load properly.  I believe the size is embedded in the
elf segment.  If your sizes were all wrong I would expect that it
either wouldn't boot or it would not find the payload.

Are you using XIP?  If so you might try turning it off.

You will probally have to go look in the elf load code and see what
causes that message I've not looked at the elf load code so I don't
have many suggestions.

Is you adlo.elf really a valid elf image?  What do you get for a
'readelf -a adlo.elf'

--
Richard A. Smith