[LinuxBIOS] serengeti support added

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 06:20:35 CET 2005

without 37 you may have problem for s2881 to work with kernel.....

Kernel need lifted apic are continous.

But LNXI apicid solution will default lift all apic as
A:
Node0/Core0: 0x10
Node0/Core1: 0x20
Node1/Core0: 0x11
Node1/Core1: 0x21

You need to make northbridge.c/amd_siblings.c to be consistent with init_cpus.c

current init_cpus.c is using
B:
ENABLE_APIC_EXT_ID =0
Node0/Core0: 0x00
Node0/Core1: 0x01
Node1/Core0: 0x02
Node1/Core1: 0x03
or
ENABLE_APIC_EXT_ID=1, APIC_ID_OFFSET=0x10, LIFT_BSP_APIC_ID=0
C:
Node0/Core0: 0x00
Node0/Core1: 0x11
Node1/Core0: 0x12
Node1/Core1: 0x13
or
D:
ENABLE_APIC_EXT_ID=1, APIC_ID_OFFSET=0x10, LIFT_BSP_APIC_ID=1
Node0/Core0: 0x10
Node0/Core1: 0x11
Node1/Core0: 0x12
Node1/Core1: 0x13

Kernel will work with B and D.

With AMD8111 We need C, and Kernel patch....

YH