[LinuxBIOS] I want Windows booting

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Nov 29 12:12:45 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:33:45AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

[..freeldr..]

> Then, if once it becomes to be able to boot guenie Windows, how
> about using it as payload?

Sure, as long as freeldr does not require any traditional interrupt
services, it will work just fine as a payload.

> if doing so, it is yet another way of booting Windows than ADLO.

In the event that freeldr provides all required interrupt services
for Windows XP early start, it should work well.

I would probably look at extending the ADLO/Bochs combination to
implement whatever is missing for XP though. It may not be at all
much. But then again, it may be months.

//Peter