[LinuxBIOS] Re: K8 ACPI support, 8132, AMD serengeti MB supppot

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Fri Oct 7 20:57:38 CEST 2005

* Lu, Yinghai <yinghai.lu at amd.com> [051007 20:42]:

> Please check it, I will check that in this weekend
>
> YH

> Copyright 2005 ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, INC. All Rights Reserved.
> This software and any related documentation (the "Materials") are the
> confidential proprietary information of AMD. Unless otherwise provided in a
> software agreement specifically licensing the Materials, the Materials are
> provided in confidence and may not be distributed, modified, or reproduced in
> whole or in part by any means.

Except the first line, I am not sure if we want these claims in the
tree. First, a lot of files have been there before and so it should say
"Parts of this software" instead of "This software".

Though "the Materials" are licensed GPL, the sentence "may not be
distributed, modified, or reproduced" sounds really scary to me.

I believe this means nothing bad here, but then what is it good for?

(I am not a lawyer)

Stefan