[LinuxBIOS] Latest commit - clarification

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 26 08:00:25 CEST 2005

San Mehat <san at google.com> writes:

> Hey Jason,
>
> Would you mind just chucking up an exec summary of all the changes?.. I'm
> trying to adapt our port to the new code and am trying to figure out whats
> going on ;)
>
> Mainly:
> set_apicid_cpuid_low() = gone
> start_other_cores() = gone
> __cpu_reset = gone
> get_apicid_base() = gone

killing get_apicid_base looks like a bug.
But as far as I can tell everything that is gone is now unnecessary.

> Actually, the __cpu_reset: thing looks broken on CAR systems... looking at the
> tyan s4882 board, the Config.lb only brings in arch/i386/lib/cpu_reset.inc if
> we're NOT CAR....
>
> We're basicaly doing everything as CAR.
>
> Are there more changes comming? or should we just start hacking to pick up the
> pieces?

No more big ones but a couple of small ones to ensure everything settles
down.  This is just committing the code we reviewed at the end of the LinuxBIOS
Summit.  Stefan asked us to hold off for a few days before we committed it.

There is auto_coherent_ht.c the hypertransport auto router comming but
unless you have more than 2 cpus it doesn't matter.

The CAR needs a little work before everyone is happy with it but we are getting
close.

Eric