[LinuxBIOS] mmx problems on VIA EPIA-SP resolved

Doug Bell dbell at nxtv.com
Thu Sep 1 23:28:47 CEST 2005

We are working on VIA EPIA-SP with C3-2 processsor and have resolved
problems related to the use of the mmx as seen in the
auto.inc. The code was hanging unless we used -mno-mmx in Config.lb.

We then modified /src/cpu/via/model_centaur_init.c cpu_table[] to
include
{X86_VENDOR_CENTAUR, 0698},   // VIA C3 Nehemiah

If anyone else is doing work on this board please let us know! Our code
isn't far enough along to check in.

Some questions remain:

1) Is the C3-2 supported yet? What's needed to add?

2) Which if any of the LinuxBIOS v2 via boards ( epia, epia-m ) in
subversion are building AND booting?  Has anyone done DRAM init using
SPD under v2?

Doug Bell - NXTV