[LinuxBIOS] BIOS Saver discontinued

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 21:07:14 CEST 2005

No more BIOS Saver... Hummm. This I may be able to help with.  What
packages do we want/need?  PLCC32 and DIP32?  Does that cover 95% of
motherboards?

I found dental floss works well for pulling the chip.  Take two peaces
and wrap them around the chip one vertically and one horizontally, tie
all four ends together and you have a nice way to pull the chip again
and again.....

Different size chips.  I have a VIA epia-mII that i have been trying to
get linuxbios installed on.  I am using both the sst 39sf020 (256k) and
the sst 39sf040 (512k).  The board see's both and is able to boot from
both. I did find out that the "stock" bios image will only boot off the
256, when i flash the stock 256k image onto the 512k chip it will not
boot.  No clue as to why. This could be a function of my programmer, not
sure.
-Adam