[LinuxBIOS] Geode SC22000

Per Hallsmark perh at t2data.se
Mon Apr 3 10:19:06 CEST 2006

Hi again,

Ok, here comes the svn diff (towards 2171) attached.
It's quite big, had to add superio and southbridge setups
(along with it's attached devices) which is embedded in
the SC2200. It was unfortunally not just a small port of
the current GX1...
There is some extra POST codes inserted to follow code flow,
perhaps this should be removed before adding patch into live tree.

I've also started a (yet another) porting guide, intent
is to make it more detailed and also describe "obvious"
steps that perhaps is not so obvious for a linuxbios beginner.
(at least it wasn't for me :-) )

Have a GX3 eval board (ITX form) somewhere on my desk, will
be a good testdrive porting according to document.

I've seen some logs here on mailing list that have nice
timestamps in first column. Is there some standard support
for this in LinuxBIOS? (have searched around in code but
couldn't find it)

Stefan, thanks for you answers. I'm still a bit puzzled though
why PPC, ARM, XScale, MIPS manages same thing without romcc or similar.
Is memory setup done so very much different and is so much more
complex in x86? For my port, SC2200, it looks about same to me.
(could be because of my embedded background, most targets have
 had defined memory size so mem sizing isn't a problem...)