[LinuxBIOS] some more tyan/s2881 questions

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Apr 11 00:42:38 CEST 2006

So the board is stable now. That's great.

Some observations:

1. 'halt' no longer powers the machine off, which it does with the
proprietary bios. 'halt -p' does the job though. LinuxBIOS oddity?

2. reboots seem to cause problems sometimes. I'm not sure yet what causes
this, but I've had problems with the machine hanging after

  ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP

It normally sits there for a few seconds, but I had the machine in such a
state that it simply hung at that point.

This may have had something to do with the IPMI card, which I'm experimenting
with. I had to unplug the power before this problem went away, a cold restart
didn't help. I will do more testing to see if I can pinpoint this.

Thanks for all your help so far!
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>