[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sat Apr 22 12:42:55 CEST 2006

> Running the bios under the emu is tricky.  It may be bailling out
> early although normally it prints a messge.  Search the archives for
> info.  You will probally have to add debug printf's to see whats going
> on.

Ok, yesterday evening I have found the testbios faq on the linuxbios page.

I have tried it twice.

1. extracted vgabios from fuctory bios.
2. bios get with dd command from /dev/mem

The result of first try I have described before, it happens nothing.

The second try seems to be more successfully :D
The screen goes to black :D after a second. No more. The connected TFT
holds the signal. There is a short flickering after 30 seconds I think.
(The reason for no output on the console is the FB Mode. I have
sometimes problems, if I start a normal program, than there is no output
too and I need to press <return> for a while to get a prompt)
The system is still running but the only way to get a new try is

Than I have made tests with my host system, to see what happens.
I get a vga.bin with dd and try it. (PCI Nvidia Graphic Card)

I get a lot of numbers on the console for about 5 seconds, than the
screen switched to black and the monitor lost the signal and goes to
stand by. The system is still running but only

Mmmh, both systems runs in FB Mode, could that be the reason for no more
output? Should I try the bios on a real console?

What does USER Space mean in the wiki?

chris