[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sat Apr 22 14:26:53 CEST 2006

> Yes, definitely. The graphics card bios will reinitialize the
> card in VGA mode, so Linux will be definitely confused if it suddenly
> has no pixel based graphics mode anymore.

Yip, I have start the system with vga=normal and taken a fresh vga.bios
extracted with awardeco from the original factory bios. (The old one was
definitivly corrupt)

btw. flashbios seems unable to handle WINBOND W29C020

./testbios --abseg /dev/mem -s 32768 aw512n.bin

I get 3 columns of output, which stops after 1-2 seconds
The screen seems froozen, but at the bottom I have 3 blinking "cursors"
I can do what I want, only a Hardreset takes effect ;)

I will try to pipe the output, but this is hard on a readonly filesystem :D

chris