[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sat Apr 22 15:48:17 CEST 2006

>>btw. flashbios seems unable to handle WINBOND W29C020
>

> What's the ID? Can you run flashrom -V and mail the output to this list
> or to me directly.

It is an older Version
-V seems to have no effect

chipset cs5530
flash part is W29C020C

Verify fails, write seems done right read also. But I have get corrupted
files

"uniflash" works fine for me, but I will test the latest flashrom from
svn and see what happens.

> What output? Are you sure aw512n is the vga bios image?

Yes it starts with 55aa and there is a text like:

IBM Compatiple PCI VGA/SVGA Vesa Bios V1.0

>>I will try to pipe the output, but this is hard on a readonly filesystem :D
>

> uh, why is it readonly?  you could log in via serial port from another
> machine and log the output in your terminal program... That always
> works.

Well, ok not really hard. Not all is readonly, but the main system runs
out of the RAM and at the moment I use a kernel where is serial output
disabled ;)

I have piped the output to a file, which is very large and I think it is
not useful to attach the whole file. Also this try seems successfuller,
because of the screen goes black and sometimes it flickers.
<ctrl>c stops testbios normaly.

I only post the interesting parts.

What config Options should I use, if I want LB starts with this Bios.

CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN
CONFIG_LEGACY_BIOS

  chris