[LinuxBIOS] PCI max buses patch

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Apr 23 17:49:48 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060423 16:53]:
> sorry I have not been following this discussion more closely. So, the
> basic idea here is that for the romcc part, we rarely need to look on
> high busses for devices? Is that really true?

The romcc part is not supposed to "talk" to any non-onboard devices.

The scanning process takes forever in the romcc part. So as long as we
want to claim fast boot we simply _have_ to believe that we dont have to
look at high busses there.

S.

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613