[LinuxBIOS] New Target for LinuxBios MB1030 / 3036 Success!!!???

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Sun Apr 23 20:14:39 CEST 2006

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Setting PCI_BRIDGE_CTL_VGA for bridge PCI_DOMAIN: 0000
> Setting PCI_BRIDGE_CTL_VGA for bridge Root Device
>
> This means that the primary VGA device was set to 12.4.  Which means
> that 12.4 gets the legacy IO range.

Well, but why.
I have told about the config script, that 9.0 is the one to use :(

> Go into src/devices/device.c and change line 416 from a 1 to a 0.
> Accrding to the comments that should use the last vga device as
> primary rather than the first one.

I will try this.

But few things more.
How does I handle the config.lb

(attachment)

first the old section:
This produced LB, if I insert the wiki lines at least.
After the other initializing stuff.

If I insert
device pci 9.0 on
... bla bla

after device pci 0.0 on

the second section is produced.

ok, both don't bring up the console, but there are lot of differents

In the second one 9.0 is allocated as VGA first
but not as subsystem!
Also there is no init which fails later??

chris