[LinuxBIOS] What's stored in the CMOS by LB?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Apr 26 00:35:22 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060425 20:44]:
> > 2) If yes, is there anything in there that could become corrupted and
> > cause "weird issues" as described above?
>
> What's exception 6? I don't recall.

illegal opcode.

I think I saw this on opteron before as well, but I don't remember the
issue. i seem to remember that writing all 0 to cmos and populating it
from scratch made it work reliably.

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613