[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 I like 13 :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed Apr 26 11:59:25 CEST 2006

> You wrote earlier that 12.4 is invisible under factory. If you enable
> the bios option mentioned above, is it still invisible? Do you see any
> difference if you use lspci -vvvxxx ?

Yes, device 00:12.4 is not shown in both cases, it is totally ignored.
There is nothing about that. Same with cat /proc/pci no 12.4 (or 18.4)
under factory bios.

I had a look with "modbin" to the factory bios. There is a hidden field
called "multiple monitor support". I know that option from other boards.
You can choosen "no Onboard" "PCI first" and "Both" if I remember right.
As I say this is disabled and therefor not shown in Bios setup.
Both "Bios defaults" and "setup defaults" are set to "no Onboard"

I think this disables normaly the "real onboard" vga.
As I say, the 00:9.0 device is more like a integrated pci card on board.

I should also say, that this mobo has no real pci slots, there is an
expansion slot where you can put in a riser card (ISA/PCI Riser card).
But it should be the same as a pci bus.

I'm not sure, but why are there differences between lspci and
cat /proc/pci . I get other device numbers with cat

device 12 is 18
device 13 is 19

is that normal? the functions are the same

chris