[LinuxBIOS] Adding a config option

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Wed Apr 26 18:14:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:53:08PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> > > you have to disable the firewire to make legacy IO work.  So even
> > > prior to early_serial.
> > >
> > > Sombody with an Epia-M (not ML) may want to verfiy all this.
> >
> > You want confirmation that that Firewire disabling is necessary for
> > the Epia-M? I should be able to check this out in the next few days
> > if someone else doesn't get there first; I've finally got to the
> > point where my M10000 based project is ready to go ahead and have
> > started testing again. Recent
>
> Yeah.  just as a sanity check that that code is there for a reason.
> Board bring up is Voodo sometimes.

Yes, it's necessary (which is good, because I was certainly the last
person to touch it though I can't remember if I put it there in the
first place; I certainly remember seeing it in v1). Without it my boot
hangs, though I do still see the LinuxBIOS banner output before this
happens.

J.

--
No thanks, I'm already having one.
This .sig brought to you by the letter A and the number  4