[LinuxBIOS] Kernel crash output: Memtest86+ output

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Thu Apr 27 05:31:23 CEST 2006

Richard Smith wrote:

>On 4/26/06, Eric Poulsen <eric at zyxod.com> wrote:
>

>>My kernel crash issue is attached below.  This one isn't an Exception 6
>>(that I can tell), but it's one I've seen before.  This happened twice
>>

>Have you used memtest86 as a payload and verified that your RAM is solid?
>
>--
>Richard A. Smith

Factory BIOS:
Ran memtest86+ for four hours -- no errors.

Walltime Cached  RsvdMem MemMap    Cache ECC Test
          224M       76K e820-std  on    off std

LinuxBIOS + filo
Errors from C0000 to EFEFC
Walltime Cached  RsvdMem MemMap    Cache ECC Test
          224M        0  LinuxBIOS on    off std

Obviously, memtest86 isn't skipping the cmos -- I managed to pause it
just as it hit C000, and looked at the error result -- AA 55 was in
there.  It's reading the cmos, and failing to test it, as it should.

I'm not sure if this is a real issue with LB or not ...