[LinuxBIOS] Epia ML 5000 success

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Apr 27 10:52:11 CEST 2006

* Daniel Parthey <pada at chemonline.de> [060427 01:54]:
> Would you mind making the wiki public, so that everybody here can create
> a wiki account by himself (like subscription to this list works) and
> contribute some small piece of docs, or do you have had bad experiences
> with an unmoderated wiki registration?

No, sorry, I'm not going to do that. For two reasons:

 - wiki spammers/hackers
 - quality of the wiki information

> Some people would probably never try to write an e-mail to Ron or Stefan
> and register as a "contributor", even if they had to add some small but
> important facts about their particular linuxbios setup.

Why would you think so? A lot of people write to us asking for an
account to "see the secret information we hide on the web pages".

Which makes me think, thanks god they did not accidently start writing
stuff in the wiki before even reading.

Stefan