[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 17:49:32 CEST 2006

> this in userspace, the whole process takes round about 3s whereas in
> LinuxBIOS the same emulator (x86emu as used in X.org) needs 90s.

This is actually something that I've wanted to look at but not had the
time.  The emulator in LB is from the same parent as X.org but its not
the same at all.  Our base revision is quite old.

Yes I know we fixed a lot bugs in our tree but the fact remains that I
can take the X.org setup in a multi-card, multi-head enviroment and it
will post the 2nd card in almost every card I've tried.  Our user
space emu has nowhere near that level of success.

I think an upstream sync or at least a diff with the current emu in
X.org would be a good idea.  I'ts been on my list of stuff to do.  But
time, money.. yada yada.

--
Richard A. Smith