[LinuxBIOS] GA-6BXC - first try.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:11:25 CEST 2006

> > Uwe.  What kind of hardware tools to you have available?  Do you have
> > access to an Oscope?
>
> Not usually, but I might be able to get access to one from time to time.
> What can I do/check if I have one?

You can watch the write line on the chip and see if its getting
asserted.  Then you know for sure if its flash chip or chipset.

> Say I manage to flash targets/bitworks/ims/ims/fallback/linuxbios.rom
> (that's the only ims image <= 256K, so I'll have to use it as my chips are
> 256K, is that correct?), connect a serial cable on ttyS0 (ttyS1?),

The IMS config is setup for a 29f040b which is a 512k part. Did you
change the rom size in the config file?   But yes your rom size needs
to match your chips.

> 115200 Baud, 8N1. Should I be able to get some debug output with the
> current code in svn?

Yes you will get some boot messages and it will try to dump the spd contents.

--
Richard A. Smith