[LinuxBIOS] Linux & memory regions

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Wed Aug 9 12:32:44 CEST 2006

Hi!

I am looking for clarification about what and how  (Linux)BIOS should
provide to kernel about memory size/memory regions.

I'm wondering about linuxbios table: there are lot of different
variation with new_resource/ram_resource, where those calls are placed,
what regions they are setting up, are those regions 0-TopOfSysRAM, or
0-640/768-TopOfSysRAM etc. And reportedly it all works with linux kernel.
I'm not sure how to properly control linuxbios table content - and is
this table mandatory for linux kernel?

thanks,
Indrek