[LinuxBIOS] smsc dme1737 data book -- anybody got it?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:41:38 CEST 2006

> What experience did you guys have with asking vendors for datasheets -
> does that usually work? Should you mention you need it for adding LinuxBIOS
> support, or does that reduce your chances to get the datasheet?

Depends on the company.  Pretty much have to make that call on a case
by case basis.

> Obviously, there's no use in getting a datasheet under NDA, we wouldn't
> be able to distribute code derived from that under the GPL, right?

Again Depends.  Some companies will allow you to release code based on
docs under NDA but you need to make sure you know this _before_ you
look at the docs or your code could be considered violating the NDA.

> Specifically, I'm looking for the IT8671F datasheet, which I cannot find
> on the net, either. Should I contact ITE?

What vendor carries ITE in its linecard?  Perhaps can get a copy
somewhere through our vendors.

--
Richard A. Smith