[LinuxBIOS] booting without vga

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Aug 25 16:54:39 CEST 2006

Rogelio Serrano wrote:

> hah! this is another argument for ogp. i have to start studying fpgas
> now. i need an open graphics card that boots at a fraction of the
> speed of current cards and boots straight into framebuffer mode.

this is part of a bigger issue. I am thinking of starting a project
called System Libre (a take on software libre) which would be open from
the ground up. This is a response to many bad trends in our business,
where the systems are gradually getting locked up (xbox, EFI, etc.) and
we can't do much with them. So I like your idea.

ron