[LinuxBIOS] IT8718F support.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Aug 30 17:18:06 CEST 2006

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [060830 14:41]:
> Hm, I currently just turn on every supported Super IO device (FDC, Com1,
> Com2, PP, etc. etc.) in the ITE code.
> Should I check for some variables/#defines in the code and only
> conditionally enable them?

Yes, please have a look at the other superio implementations. You want
to be able to switch off certain devices in the config file. Because
they're not wired on the board or because you want to disable them, etc.

> Or shall I simply continue to enable everything as you state below?

no, please make sure the drivers have their hooks so they can be
controlled via the mainboard config files.

We need to get all components to have all their choices available in the
config files, or we will have to patch and patch and patch code for
every board we want to support. That is something I want to get away
from --> more modular concept.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613