[LinuxBIOS] IT8718F support.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Aug 30 19:54:55 CEST 2006

* Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [060830 17:28]:
> In Germany you can get cheap flash chips at http://www.bios-chip.de/ .
> SST 49LF008A (8 Mbit FWH) only costs 8.50 Eur, which is really affordable.
> With such a chip, there is no need for a BIOS saviour. And 8 Mbit is
> enough even if you want to fit a complete kernel in ROM.

I know, I did chip hotswapping for several years now.

While I think it is a great opportunity to be a cheap date, you do risk
messing up the hardware physically if you swap very often.

And this is exactly the thing that keeps people from "playing around"
with LinuxBIOS as they do with other software projects...

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613