[LinuxBIOS] LPC SuperIO "add-in card"

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Dec 1 01:08:56 CET 2006

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Tom Sylla wrote:
>> Another idea, there has been a lot of talk about homebrew LPC ROM
>> emulators. It would not be much more work to make the emulator into a
>> generic LPC analyzer. You could have it catch regular serial, or you
>> could just have print_debug spew bytes to a specified I/O location.
>> With careful design, high speed USB can keep up with the ~16MB/s you
>> could spew to LPC. This would not end up costing much more than the
>> SIO solution, the biggest cost is still the PCB/connectors (male
>> PLCC).
>
> The male PLCC can be bought for ~12 Eur in single quantities. I
> posted a link not so long ago, if you want I can dig it out.

My mail from "2006-10-25 18:34" contained a link to the vendor,
but not to the device. Go to http://www.segor.de/ and enter
"PLCC32-Steck" (without the quotes) in the search box on the left.
Direct link to the search result:
http://cgi.segor.de/user-cgi-bin/sidestep2.pl?foto=1&Q=PLCC32-Steck&M=1

@Stefan: Could you maybe order some and ship them to Tom Sylla
so he can start building such a LPC ROM emulator?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/