[LinuxBIOS] SPD as debug channel

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Dec 1 12:30:25 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 07:44:47PM -0600, Bari Ari wrote:
> Someone could fab these however as a 2 sided pcb with only the
> SMBus signals for next to nothing in cost.

I looked into this yesterday.

The place I normally order prototype boards from (Olimex) don't stock
any 1.2mm laminate.

The place I order production boards from (local fab) do have 1.2mm
laminate but the minimum order they do is one full panel (about .5m2)
- that means a big bag of boards. :)

If there's interest I'll be happy to make a DDR2 board that does high
speed SPD<->USB.

I estimate they would go at $150 assembled or a bit cheaper as kits.
(All SMD though.)

I need about 20 orders before starting it up, then roughly two months
until they're shipping.

This is pretty special-purpose though. Perhaps time would be better
spent on the LPC thingy, since they can be used for testing too.

//Peter