[LinuxBIOS] LPC SuperIO "add-in card"

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Fri Dec 1 14:29:40 CET 2006

Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 01:26:31PM +0200, Indrek Kruusa wrote:
>
>> - Altera Cyclone FPGA as the control part
>>

> Do you think it would be possible to make a firmware for the FPGA
> that also does reads-make-a-write and can signal them back to the
> Linux host?

I'v heard several ideas about the usage and yes - this usb-serial
emulated connection can be used for whatever communications between
dongle and Linux host. Of course it depends on FPGA firmware. I am not
aware about the possibilites to custom-program the FPGA (for one
dongle). This sould be asked again from Artec Group guys.

Indrek