[LinuxBIOS] 440BX progress.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Dec 2 14:50:29 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:30:58AM +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> It looks reasonable.  You want to shift by 3 though, not 23,
> not 15, so you read from 0x1d0 for writing to the MRS.

OK, a few questions:

 * Do I read32() from somewhere for _every_ RAM command or only for MRS?

 * The v1 code seems to read from the highest RAM address for each DRB
   register. In my case:
   Get contents of DRB6 (0x8), shift left by 23 as the DRB registers
   store multiples of 8 MB, so I get my 64 MB. Correct?

   Now; do I read32() from
     * (8 << 23)
     * (8 << 23) + 0x1d0
     * 0x0 + 0x1d0
     * 0x0 + 0x1d0    AND     (8 << 23) + 0x1d0
     * 0x0
     * ???

   Do I read from x for most commands but from (x + 0x1d0) for MRS?
   Or should I read from (x + 0x1d0) for all commands?

   I've tried a lot of variations here, but nothing worked. Maybe some
   other parts of the code are still broken?

> It seems the i440 might want the address bits inverted on
> the high banks in some configurations, btw; so if it won't
> work, you can try 0x1d0 ^ 0xff8 or so.

Doesn't seem to work either.

Attached my latest code and a minicom log...

Uwe.