[LinuxBIOS] Intel 815

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Sun Dec 3 04:01:15 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 03:10:02PM -0500, Corey Osgood wrote:
> I'm thinking something like this: connect two plcc sockets
> together, back to back, sodiering together all the connectors
> except chip enable and/or power.

Sure, it will work just fine. I would suggest wiring between the two
PLCC sockets however, since they're keyed and don't handle mirroring
without help.

Or - make a board for two SMT PLCC sockets.

> then, de-sodier those connectors from the existing chip. run wires
> to the motherboard on those lines, and also to a switch, and then
> also to the pair of plcc sockets.

I would probably let the switch control one of two AND gates per
switched signal, the other input being the signal from mobo and
output going to one socket each.

//Peter