[LinuxBIOS] #57: libusb host program for PLX NET20DC debug device

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Sun Dec 3 12:51:15 CET 2006

yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> writes:

> On 12/2/06, Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm at xmission.com> wrote:
>> Please yank the direct out of the filename if you are making something
>> like this out of it.  That was my note I was going direct to hardware
>> which is pretty much assumed if you are in LinuxBIOS.
>
> Yes, I adapted the code to used in LinuxBIOS, including CAR stage code
> and RAM satge code.
>
> I didn't have debug cable plugged yet.

Even if you did it wouldn't work right now.  My initial
version does initialize the ehci properly so it won't
find any usb devices.  I almost have that fixed,
but it looks like for the usb device reset I need
a usable delay function, so I can delay 50ms.  Grr...

> BTW in kernel earlyprintk or prink, you could use
> read_pci_config/write_pci_config before PCI system is loaded.

Yep thanks that seems to be working.  Now I just need
to find an early delay and I can try this mess out!

Eric