[LinuxBIOS] SPD as debug channel

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Dec 4 01:47:09 CET 2006

>> And *all* these options require special (extra) debug hardware,
>> no good for the end user.
>
> We have to make sure the code never fails that early then. He-he.

That is of course the plan, but we all know that problems _will_
show up (not often hopefully), for example, a user has a hardware
configuration that we never thought of (or didn't test on, at least);
it would be quite helpful to get some debug data out in such a case.

That being so hard, I guess we have to focus on making our code
as bullet-proof as possible; i.e., even if half the hardware setup
fails, make sure the rest works irrespectively, so we get the debug
text out.

Segher