[LinuxBIOS] C3 Lightning Talk abstract

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 02:16:47 CET 2006

Peter Stuge wrote:
> * Describe what LinuxBIOS is and does, benefits and use cases off the
> excellent wiki welcome page.

Since C3 is going to be frequented by security-conscious people and
general interest in tampering with hardware will be high, try this:
* SSH into BIOS for the paranoid
* Authenticated booting
* Using any TPM against the intention of the vendor

Other points:
* Very fast boot process -> for routers it means availability one
  second after switchon

> * Mention OLPC. (But what are the important points?)

* BIOS can already use wireless
* Automatic authenticated BIOS updates
* BIOS can be tailored to individual needs (wireless/wired network
  card support, ipv4/ipv6, flat panel/vga...)
* BIOS bugs can be fixed even if upstream is not ready/cooperating
  (not that I would want to suggest that upstream was uncooperative)

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/