[LinuxBIOS] #57: libusb host program for PLX NET20DC debug device

Greg KH gregkh at suse.de
Fri Dec 1 20:19:16 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:55:48AM -0800, Lu, Yinghai wrote:
> [...]

Well, earlyprintk will not work, as you need PCI up and running.

And I have some code that barely works for this already, perhaps Eric
and I should work together on this :)

> So we need one client program on host side. So it would great if we
> could use current USB stack for
> the clients on system even without debug port.

Yes, that will work just fine today using the usb-serial generic driver.
I'll knock up a "real" driver for the device later today and send it to
Linus, as it's trivial to do so, and will make it simpler than using the
module parameters.

thanks,

greg k-h