[LinuxBIOS] C3 Lightning Talk abstract

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Dec 7 14:34:03 CET 2006

* Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [061207 14:28]:
> I think for a demo you want to show LaB (Linux as Bootloader, where
> linux is in the ROM) and boot linux directly to a shell prompt, as fast
> as you can make it.  Thats a short, powerful demo.

Whats the way to go here? Use the stuff with the nice OLPC graphics?
Is that generically usable?

buildrom needs tuning in a lot of places to be non-OLPC it seemed last
time I looked at it.

Is there some way to get it use vesafb (without bios callbacks, see
x86_64 version) rather than a native chipset (ie.  have graphics mode
enabled before starting linux)

Recompiling your bios if you change the graphics card is a little clumsy

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613