[LinuxBIOS] C3 Lightning Talk abstract

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Dec 7 18:31:05 CET 2006

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:18:24AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> > * Using any TPM against the intention of the vendor
>
> By using a payload that does tricks before the TPM starts up?

I don't know _too_ much about this topic yet, so I might be wrong, but I
think the TPM chip doesn't actually _do_ anything by itself. It
can be enabled/disabled and configured/used by the BIOS though, and as _we_
control the BIOS in this case we could do all kinds of funny stuff ;)

As soon as I get that darn 440BX RAM init working I'll play a bit with
this stuff, I think.

There's the TPM emulator, http://tpm-emulator.berlios.de/, which will be
useful even if you don't have a physical TPM chip.

Uwe.