[LinuxBIOS] looking for RD1-PL bios savior for epia

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Dec 8 21:51:43 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 10:27:06AM -0600, Colin Anderson wrote:
> I am seeking an RD1-PL Bios Savior for a Via EPIA board. IOSS no
> longer makes this model and I cannot find any for sale elsewhere.
> Does anybody here have an RD1-PL they could sell me? Do I have any
> other options for my Via EPIA boards and their oldschool 5v PLCC
> socket?

You could get a RD1-2M and a DIP->PLCC adapter. The latter may be
hard to find at a reasonable price though. The ones that are easy to
find probably go for $50-100 but since it's just a 1:1 socket adapter
I think that's too much. If you look around you may be able to find a
good deal.

Note that space is tight around the PLCC socket on EPIA-MII at least,
so make sure it fits physically before you order.

//Peter