[LinuxBIOS] pc partitoin magic number not found?

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 23:12:11 CET 2006

Thanks for the reply but after many headaches I figured it out.

I forgot that ide encryption devices were installed on this
motherboard. The system bios initialized them by default, where as
LinuxBIOS did not. So LinuxBIOS tried to read an encrypted drive
without decrypting it, obviously it was going to read junk data. After
disabling this in the system bios and reinstalling CentOS filo can
read the partition.

Jon