[LinuxBIOS] trouble with cpu cache

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 19:59:34 CET 2006

I am having a great deal of difficulty figuring out how to enable the
cache on my board. Using memtest86 it is quite obvious that the cache
is not running at its correct speed.

Is this something I enable in the chipset code or the mainboard code?

I tried grepping through the source and I couldn't find a good example
of enabling the cache. I noticed the function enable_cache(). I tried
executing this somehwere in northbridge.c, but it didn't speed things
up. Either I'm using wrong or it is the wrong function to use.

I also searched my chipset (intel 855gme) and cpu (pentium m)
datasheets for something useful on the subject and found references to
MTRR, but no explaination of how to enable cache. Is this along the
right track?

Any help is much appreciated,
Jon