[LinuxBIOS] DK8-HTX Early Hang with HTX Card Intsalled

mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 12 23:09:06 CET 2006

> For MTRR error, I think the kernel is not happy with the uncachable
> entry for the memory hole.
>
> Try to install only 2G to see if the problem will go away.
>
> Then we can
> 1. modify the kernel to make it like mtrr layout for setting.
> 2. or change mtrr to increase style..., if the kernel is too ..

Yep, that's the ticket.  All remaining is the message:
  PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin C of device 0000:40:01.0. Probably
  buggy MP table.
which seems plausibly ignorable since it seems to actually be
getting interrupts.

sh-3.1# cat /proc/mtrr
reg00: base=0x00000000 (   0MB), size=2048MB: write-back, count=1
reg01: base=0xfd500000 (4053MB), size=   1MB: write-combining, count=1

fd400000-fd5fffff : 0000:40:01.0
  fd400000-fd5fffff : ib_ipath

Given that, how do you want to go forward?  I've got compute
nodes with nothing but the HTX installed and storage nodes with
HTX and a couple PCI-X 3ware cards, so only two cases for me
admits hardcoding hacks.  Of course, it would be nice to solve
the problem in general and call the DK8-HTX 'working' and I'm
happy to spend effort to get there rather than the hack.  :)

Best,

-mcq

  mcqmcqmcq at fastmail.fm

--