[LinuxBIOS] Books on PCI and HyperTransport

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Fri Dec 15 02:53:51 CET 2006

A few weeks ago I came across a set of books from MindShare, Inc. that
proved to be absolute lifesavers during my latest round of LinuxBIOS
hacking. It takes some careful reading to extract the bits that are
relevant to BIOS programming, but they go a long way towards
demystifying PCI device configuration, interrupt routing, and
HyperTransport configuration.

* PCI System Architecture
* HyperTransport System Architecture
* Opteron Processors: Breaking Tradition (excerpt from upcoming book
on AMD K8 Processor Architecture)

I didn't see them referenced on the LinuxBIOS web site; would anyone
object to adding these to the Documentation page?

Also, let me state for the sake of future poor souls:

LDT means HyperTransport.
LDT means HyperTransport.
LDT means HyperTransport.
LDT means HyperTransport.