[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS on T60p

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Mon Dec 18 05:00:56 CET 2006

rami jiossy wrote:
> Hi Everybody;
>
> 1. is there any wok being done for supporting LinuxBIOS on IBM T60p ?

As of right now, it's not supported, no. Jon is working on 855 support
right now, and that code may be able to be ported to the 945 (the T60's
chipset) when he's done. However, as of right now, there is NO working
P4 chipset in linuxbios (if anyone cares to correct me on this, feel free).

> 2. Can we estimate that LinuxBIOS can reduce boot time to 3 sec on such
> machine (as claimed in the homepage for other platforms)?

You might not see *exactly* 3 second boot times, those are sort of a
"best case scenario," at least in the cases seen so far. But, from what
I understand, boot time are greatly reduced from the factory BIOS's, so
if your thinkpad boots as slow as mine did, you should see a big
improvement.

-Corey