[LinuxBIOS] #46: Clarify LinuxBIOS vs. OpenBIOS vs. Open Firmware vs. EFI vs. GNUFI etc.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:30:00 CET 2006

On 12/18/06, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:

> Just call it LinuxBIOS. We should not confuse people even more by
> inventing extra names for every payload.
>
> It's "LinuxBIOS with OpenBIOS payload", "LinuxBIOS with Linux pyload",
> "LinuxBIOS with Etherboot payload" etc.

ok, I agree. I just don't see how we can change the name at this
point, it has significant currency around the world and we'll just
confuse the hell out of everyone.

Plus, I did rip bits of linux and put them in linuxbios. So we can
maintain that it's called linuxbios because we used bits of (and ideas
from) linux :-)

ron