[LinuxBIOS] #70: fix util/getpir so that the output will compile

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 23:55:42 CET 2006

Hm.

Why is that not in the README then? Maybe it is somehow clear to all
you LBers, but for someone new, the documentation is *extremely*
misleading. The tool itself says:

printf("Done, you can move the file to the LinuxBios tree now.\n");

That implies that it will just work. The resulting source also
admonishes the user:

"/* This file was generated by getpir.c, do not modify! \n   (but if
you do, please run checkpir on it to verify)\n",

which even implies more that it should "just work".

If the few sentences you wrote, and those of Stefan were in the
README, much less confusion would exist.